The King & I project is slated to drop May 19, the duet tape features Evans singing alongside unreleased Biggie rhymes as well as famous verses.
Ten Wife Commandments” was the first song I started recording for The King & I. Excited and optimistic about the new deal & the opportunity to bring my idea to life, I started looking for Big’s acapellas on YouTube while in Detroit rehearsing with my band. With “Ten Crack Commandments” being one of the songs I had always wanted to redo, I found it and got to work! It took a few different sessions to get the commandments to be meaningful and clever, but I do feel these are points that both men and women can appreciate.
- Never let no chick know what you and your man do in the bedroom.
- You gotta be the only one he wants.
- Gotta be a lady in the streets and you gotta be a freak in the sheets.
- Tell him you love him before he steps out the door.
- Gotta let him wear the pants
- Know how to put it down in the kitchen.
- Gotta keep your feelings and your money separated.
- Gotta keep your head game straight.
- Gotta take care of your family.
- Be careful of the people you meet.
Check out the track on Soundcloud